We suggest you read this document and print a copy for your reference.
Note: This Electronic Communication Disclosure (“Disclosure”) applies to any and all communications or disclosures that we are legally required to provide to you in writing in connection with your Ripae Prepaid Visa® Card and any related products and services (“Communications”). This Disclosure supplements and is to be construed in accordance with the terms contained in the Cardholder Agreement (“Agreement”) you received from MetaBank®. The words "we," "us," and "our" refer to MetaBank, the issuer of your Ripae Prepaid Visa Card The words "you" and "your" mean you, the individual(s) identified on the Card Account. As used in this Disclosure, "Card Account" means the Ripae Prepaid Visa Card Card
Account you have with us.
1. Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form. When you use a product or service to which this Disclosure applies, you agree that we may provide you with any Communications in electronic format, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive electronic communications and
transactions includes, but is not limited to:
· All legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with Ripae Prepaid Visa Card and any related products and services;
· Your Cardholder Agreement;
· Notices about a change in the terms of your Cardholder Agreement;
· Privacy policies and notices;
· Error Resolution policies and notices;
· Responses to claims filed in connection with your Card Account; and
· Notices regarding insufficient funds or negative balance
2. Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form. All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided by email to the address on file, through our mobile app push notifications, and online dashboard.
3. How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications in electronic form at any time by contacting customer service at the telephone number found on the back of your card. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal. In the meantime, you will continue to receive Communications in electronic form. If you withdraw your consent, the legal validity and enforceability of prior communications delivered in electronic form will not be affected. If you choose to opt out, your card will be canceled as Ripae Prepaid Visa does not mail monthly statements.
4. How to Update Your Records. It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete e‐mail address, your contact information, and other information related to this Disclosure and your Card Account, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update information (such as your e‐mail address) by calling customer service at the telephone number found on the back of your card.
5. Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications that we make available to you, you must have: a digital reading capability via online or via a mobile device.
6. Requesting Paper Copies. We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication, unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, contact us calling customer service at the telephone number found on the back of your card. We may charge you a service charge for the delivery of paper copies of certain Communications provided to you electronically pursuant to this authorization. See the fee schedule in your Agreement for details about this service charge. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
7. Communications in Writing. All Communications in either electronic or paper format from us to you will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other Communication that is important to you.
8. Federal Law. You acknowledge and agree that your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
9. Termination/Changes. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
10. You will immediately request that your electronic signature be revoked if you discover or suspect that it has been or is in danger of being lost, disclosed, compromised or subjected to unauthorized use in any way. You understand that you may also request revocation at any time for any other reason. You understand that you may withdraw your electronic signature prior to application completion and that the application will be considered invalid.
The Site is intended to be used by individuals 18 years old or older. If you are not at least 18 years old, you should stop accessing or using the Site.Ripae's mobile application requires you to have a mobile device and wireless mobile data service (which you obtain from your wireless carrier),and may require you to have Internet access (which you obtain from your internet service provider). It’s your responsibility to obtain and pay for a mobile device and the services necessary to access and use the mobile application. Our mobile application may not work with all devices or mobile carriers.
Access and License
You may access and use the Site and the Site’s content only for your own personal use. You agree that you do not have any license or ownership rights to the Site or content without Ripae's prior written consent.You are required to register with Ripae to access certain services or parts of the Site. If you register, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account login credentials including your login ID, login password, and mobile application passcode. Only authorized users are allowed to access and use secured areas of the Site. Any person who attempts to gain unauthorized access to protected or secured areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
Laws and Regulations
Copyright and Trademarks
The content of the Site, including text, graphics, design, logos, images, software, source code, multi-media content is owned or licensed property of Ripae and its parent company Axiom Prepaid Holdings, LLC, and is protected by applicable United States and international laws. The trademarks, service marks and logos used on the Site are registered marks of Ripae and its parent company Axiom Prepaid Holdings, LLC,.
Links to Other Websites
Disclaimer of Warranties
The site and all information, content and services made available on the site are provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind (express or implied or statutory), including but not limited to, the warranties of title and non-infringement and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a purpose.
Limitation of liability
Neither Ripae nor its employees, officers, directors, agents or third-party service providers warrant that the site and all information, content or services provided on the site will be error free, uninterrupted or secure. Ripae does not make any warranties as to the operation of the site or the accuracy or completeness of the information, content or services on the site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Ripae and it employees, directors, officers, agents and third party service providers from and against any liabilities, losses, investigations, inquiries, claims, suits, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or otherwise relating to your access or use of the Site.
The Ripae Visa Prepaid Debit Card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc. This card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787. Use of the Card Account is subject to funds availability and ID verification. Transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See the Cardholder Agreement for details. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their respective owners.
Important information for opening a Card account: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions and their third parties to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card account. What this means for you: When you open a Card account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Faster access to funds is based on comparison of our immediate availability policy versus the typical banking practice of only posting funds after settlement. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to payor's support of this feature and timing of payor's funding. Check with your payor to find out when the direct deposit of funds will start.
The Visa Zero Liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholder must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.visa.com/security.
App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc. Data rates may apply.
Ripae is a proud partner of Visa & MetaBank.
Personal Information Ripae Collects
Ripae will only ask for personal information relevant to our business relationship with you and information required by government legislation and regulation. We do not collect information regarding: religious views, ethnicity, political positions, criminal records, personal health information or sexual preference.
Ripae collects information to
To determine whether our partners should provide a facility which includes the provision of commercial credit to you and, if they decide to provide it, to assist in the provision of the facility. This includes the assessment of the application, managing the account, recovering money and dealing with security you give; or to determine whether they should provide a facility that includes the provision of commercial credit to a company with which you are associated (for example as a director or shareholder) and to assist in the provision of the facility. If a guarantee may be given we are collecting the personal information to determine whether our partners should accept it and, when it is given, we collect the personal information to deal with or enforce our partner’s rights under the guarantee and any security that may be given to secure it.
Information we will collect includes: Contact Information – Name, address, phone, email and date of birth.
· Financial Information – Financial statements, credit reports, tax file number, and information for creditworthiness.
· Information from general searches relevant to Ripae service requested.
· Ripae may ask for personal information that we are required to collect for legal reasons to meet government laws and regulations such as the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) to verify your identity which could include a copy of your drivers license, birth certificate or passport.
· If you do not provide some personal information, Ripae may not be able to provide you with the product or service you are seeking.
How is Personal Information Collected?
Most of the information collected by Ripae will come directly from you through the Ripae application. This information will be collected through the Ripae application and over the Internet. Ripae’s partners may also collect information from other parties.
Providing Information to Others
Ripae will share your personal information with its banking partners to secure your pre-qualification.
· Ripae does not provide or sell information to outside parties for any marketing purposes.
· Ripae may use your personal contact information to provide you with information and updates concerning current products/services.
It is our intent to only provide the information necessary to information they need to performs their services to us or to provide products/services to you.
Managing and Accessing Personal Information
Ripae takes every precaution to protect your personal information that has been collected from you or from outside sources. The information is protected from misuse, loss or access by unauthorized individuals or entities. Information is stored in paper form and electronically with appropriate security. If your personal information should change, notify Ripae immediately with the correct information. Ripae will also ensure to the best of our ability that information that we retain is correct and current. You may contact Ripae to request information of what data has been collected and retained by us. Upon request, we will provide any copies of information that are held by us. If you deem that personal information that we maintain is incorrect, please notify us immediately so that we may take corrective action to ensure information is correct and current.
We may track activity and transactions on an individually identifiable basis if you apply for or use Ripae services. We may use identification information we collect to protect against actual or potential fraud. To constantly improve our web site and better serve our customers online, we may use various tracking methods (such as cookies and other technologies, etc.) to gather information about site visitors' browsing activities.
If you choose to send us an email message, we may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response to service your needs. If you agree to receive email offers or email messages from Ripae, we may use the data that you provide to send you email offers that may be of special interest to you. Email Opt Out- If you no longer wish to receive email offers or solicitations from Ripae , you may unsubscribe by following the instructions in the original email you received. The instructions are generally located at the bottom of the email. If you receive emails from third parties or program partners on behalf of Ripae, please be sure to unsubscribe through the instructions in the email or contact these third parties directly. If you opt out of email solicitations, Ripae reserves the right to contact you via email to service and maintain your relationship.
Links to Third Party Sites
Ripae is not responsible for the information practices employed by sites linked to or from our web site. In most cases, links to non- Ripae web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of the Ripae web site. Since third party web sites may have different privacy policies and/or security standards governing their sites, we advise you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of these sites prior to providing any personal information.
Children's Online Privacy
Protecting children on the Internet is very important to us. For that reason, Ripae Network does not intentionally collect information at our web sites from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our web site is intended to attract anyone under 13. Parents can be proactive and limit web site access to their children by installing filtering software. access to the Internet can permit them to visit inappropriate web sites and be exposed to unnecessary risks. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects children under the age of 13 from the online collection of personal information. Learn more about COPPA at the Federal Trade
In the event you believe that your privacy has been compromised, that Ripae has not acted in protecting information or has not complied with the Privacy Act. Please contact us immediately so that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible. We will investigate your concern and where necessary will consult with others, such as a credit-reporting agency. Ripae will provide in writing with the results from our investigation and/or may provide information to you regarding outside dispute resolution.
We can be contacted by e-mail to [email protected]
, or writing to us at 299 S Main Street, Suite 1350, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84111